This is Buzzy, a Savage ‘Tasman’ 1/2 cabin fibreglass runabout. Purchased by Matty and Chris January 2017. The price was right, but it needs some TLC. This is the ongoing story of our loving restoration of the mighty Buzzy.
We have figured out that the boat was made sometime around 1980 and the Mercury 60HP outboard was fitted around 1997, replacing whatever was the original. It was registered to a Queensland owner up to 2014, then sold to the guy from Evans Head who sold it to us.
The latest – 27 April 2017 – Buzzy is still in the workshed, quite a bit of work has been done
- completely rewired, all new cabling and fusing.
- the topside and inside cleaned up, old rusty fittings removed
- VHF radio fitted
- windscreen cleaned up and refitted with new brackets
- trailer axle and hubs fully refurbished, with new springs
- new LED floodlight fitted foreward
- seats fitted to the pedestals, made from second hand plastic seats.
- nav lights fitted with waterproof LED modules
- purchased anchor drogue and lifebuoy
Next – sandblast and repaint the trailer, fill hull imperfections with epoxy.
We are keeping a log of money spent and work time, to calculate added value. Are you interested in being a part owner of Buzzy?